During Covid-19 I am offering virtual support for all my services. My income is dependent on my Doula work none of which I can now do in person. To reflect this I have changed my prices for the duration; If you work in the NHS, or are a teacher or social worker or have no income, I will offer you free support. If your income is lowered you can pay as you feel. If you can still afford my regular prices but we simply can’t meet in person I’m offering £30 sessions.
I am particularly offering phone consultations to chat through what your options may be during pregnancy and to listen to any concerns you may have. Suggested £15
I am also offering check-in calls for you to talk about how you are finding parenting through this, to confidently share challenges and have a safe space to speak freely about the experience. Suggested £15
As well as offering ‘Fear Release Rituals’ suggested £30
The Brighton Mama Circle is running as normal via Zoom and is open to all our usual participants and any current or past Doula clients. Please get in touch for details.
With Love and Hope.
All payments to:
Please see below for a list of how I can support you wherever you are on your Mothering journey
The Brighton Mama Circle
I hold a welcoming space for you to come and connect with other Mama’s in a friendly group. Inspired by the principles of yoga we will sit in circle to share (if you wish!) and listen to whatever is coming up for you. Come as you are; liquid stained-pj clad-sleep deprived- we’ll be with you! Plenty room for buggies.
Welcoming all women and babes from your 3rd trimester of pregnancy onwards.
Mondays during term time 10am Church of the Annunciation, Washington Street, Hanover, Brighton. £5 drop in. Latecomers welcome.
- Pregnancy can be a challenging time. I am here to visit you and listen to whatever is coming up for you throughout your pregnancy and work through any challenges by your side. Having my support means you will not be alone.
- I can accompany you to any antenatal appointments as wished and debrief your antenatal midwife appointments with you. Giving you reassurance that you haven’t missed anything and a confidential space to discuss how you are feeling about the medical advice you are being given.
- We can also spend some time creating a pregnancy vision board, doing some Fear Release work and artwork to support you find the way to birth that is right for you.
- I will also bring a range of pregnancy meditations and relaxations for you to use as you wish.
- If you are experiencing NVP / HG – Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy and Hyperemesis Gravidarum I am a volunteer peer supporter with Pregnancy Sickness Support. If you choose me to support you I will be on the end of the phone for you throughout your pregnancy, to check in and chat to whenever you need. I have personal experience of HG and know how grim and isolating it can be. As a volunteer for PSS my support to you in this case is FREE.
- During the last few weeks of pregnancy as you wait for your little one to arrive I will arrange a gathering of your closest friends and family to come together to mark your transition into Motherhood in a special circle. This is a wonderful way to prepare for you imminent Birth as it surrounds you with love, strength and sisterhood, creating a moment of calm, supportive space as you stand on the brink of birth. We will share stories, food and make beautiful gifts to mark this time in your life so that you feel truly loved, safe and cared for, ready to face your babys birth joyfully. Safe in the knowledge that all your womenfolk are cheering you on! I will organise everything so that you can simply sit back, relax and soak up all the love and blessings from your loved ones.
Postnatal Wishes Session
- Making some Birth Wishes, is generally regarded as a “good idea” but making some Postnatal Wishes can be just as important. In this session we talk through all your hopes, dreams and concerns for your postnatal period. From what you might like to eat, to who you want to visit (or not) to how you plan to feed your baby and what local support options might be available to you. I will share tips, tricks and ideas so you can make your postnatal period as smooth and enjoyable as it can be. Investing in time and space to make a plan like this will ensure you feel as calm and confident as possible and are looking forward to the first few weeks getting to know your new baby.
The first days after birth… You’ve cleaned and washed. The baby’s in the crook of your arm. Hormones spiking. Half dressed. Proped up on a pile of pillows, topless. Lying on inco pads. The portal of Birth you have just passed through is very much still open. As a Doula being invited into such a space is sacred and humbling. The birth of the baby is over. But your birthing is not over. Now you stand on the threshold of the fourth trimester where you must birth the Parent you will become. This time is no less important than the birth itself. Senses overloading. Words, light, food all just as important as during labour. You are open on every level, physically, emotionally, spiritually. Your body foreign ground. Leaking. Healing. Changed. A time to be supported, honoured, held and acknowledged.
The more you can support yourself in the early days the more it will benefit you in the months and years to come. Recovering from birth, learning to feed (however you are feeding!) managing visitors, attempting to sleep and look after yourself, whilst keeping a home running is a pretty immense job! Investing in my postnatal Doula support will give you an extra helping hand, a listening ear and lay the positive foundations for you as you find your new feet.
All postnatal visits are personalised, last around three hours and are tailored to your specific wishes. An example of what I could offer you during the first six weeks is:
- A Postnatal Healing Ritual – using gentle massage techniques, fabric wrapping and oiling to close your body
- Being by your side as you care for your baby, supporting you with the early days of baby care so you aren’t alone and chatting through any issues you face so you can become the Mother you want to be.
- A delivery of simple nourishing food, tailored for postnatal recovery
- Gentle body care; wrapping with shawls, back and foot rubs to ease your tired body
- The chance to bond with your new baby without the pressure of running the house by taking care of light tidying and washing.
- The chance of a hot shower/ cup of tea/nap whilst I cuddle you baby
- A listening ear for your birth stories
- A familiar figure to keep you company and confidentially share how you are feeling with
- Signposts to all the most up to date local resources for new parents
- Phone and text support
- To accompany you on outings, giving you confidence to take your baby out, chatting through ideas for activities and coming along to any medical appointments as wished
- Support with setting up Postnatal Steaming
Postnatal Healing Ritual
A traditional postnatal healing practice with roots in many cultures around the world. It is performed to close and realign your hips after birth (vaginal or c-section), to close your energy field and support blood flow around your womb area to support healing. After birth many cultures believe the body to be open not just physically but spiritually, full healing requires Closing through a variety of practices similar to this.
The ritual involves gentle massage techniques, fabric wrapping and oiling. My version of this ritual comes through learning with Rocio Alarcon, Curandera and ethnobotanist from Ecuador. As your Doula I see this as a key element of my work which supports you to birth the Mother you will become. Essential to your Postnatal recovery.
A Mothering Mandala Session
Perhaps your first forty days has passed. Your baby is growing, perhaps around 6 months. It’s wonderful… but hard. You are tired. Your brain whirs with all the things you want to do and/or used to do. Sometimes you wonder ‘who am I now? How will I ever achieve XYZ’?!
If that’s you then this is the session for you! After some relaxation and a cuppa I will guide you through making a post it note Mandala that tackles these feelings and will support you to connect to yourself as you now are. A bit like a vision board a Mandala allows you to ‘see’ all your ideas and plans even if you aren’t actually working on them. Leaving you feeling clearer and more confident, reminding you that those ideas are still there. That you are still you amidst the Mothering. You matter.
Fear Release Ritual
A powerful session to support you to feel confident in your New Mothering role. Whether during Pregnancy to prepare for birth or postnatally is this session we create some positive affirmations related to how you want to parent and live now in this new phase of your life. To let go of old patterns and embrace the new.
Full Pre & Postnatal Doula Package
This offers you the opportunity to really get to know me, providing you with continuity of care only a Doula can offer with several visits during pregnancy and a full eight visits postnatally. Creating a deep trusting relationship that will support you on every level as you become a parent. This includes:
- Two Pregnancy Support visits
- Postnatal Planning session at your home during pregnancy
- Mothers Blessing
- On-call start time for as soon after birth as wished.
- Postnatal Healing Ritual
- Pack of 8 Postnatal visits in the first two weeks with each visit being roughly three hours long.
Doula team Support Package
With this option I work with a small group of local Doulas to provide you with truly holistic doula support throughout your journey through pregnancy, birth and postnatal period, combining our knowledge and experience to give you the confident, calm, loving and joyful start to Parenthood you deserve. Every package will be fully personalised and tailored to suit your needs.
Please enquire for further details.
Valid for all my services.
Please get in touch to discuss these personalised gifts available for all the expectant friends and family in your life!
If you would like Doula support but are concerned about my prices please do talk to me as we can usually find a way. I am open to discussing payment options such as spreading payments out and being paid in kind.